DuPont Lab Sr Technician in Østlandet, Norway
Lab Sr Technician (Job Number: LAB00001335)
FMC BioPolymer AS is part of DuPont Nutrition and Health. Activities in Norway include alginate manufacturing with 113 employees located in Haugesund. Alginate and Carrageenan R&D with 5 employee and NovaMatrix 14 employees located in Sandvika close to Oslo. The R&D team is developing new products from brown and red seaweed extracts for use in nutrition, wellness and health
The laboratory engineer performs laboratory work as part of innovation projects within the Alginate and Carrageenan R&D team, part of Systems & Texturants BU. This includes :
• Operating laboratory equipment for sample preparation and testing.
• Performing physical and chemical measurements according to procedures using equipment and analytical instruments available in the laboratory.
• Treatment of data and reporting of results to scientists.
• Takes part as a resource in projects to develop products and knowledge based on seaweed derived components.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
• Operates in a laboratory environment with good understanding of safety and participates in improving SHE in lab and offices.
• Effectively carries out experiments under supervision of a scientist. Completes assignments within required time frames.
• Carries out routine work according to procedures; understands the mechanics of systems and identifies issues.
• Thoroughly documents experimental results including apparatus, reagents and running conditions.
• Observes and follows up unexpected behaviours and results.
• Makes detailed observations, analyses data and interprets results, keeps lab log notes in an optimal and understandable format.
• Develops analytical methods and experimental procedures.
• Contributes actively in progressing projects.
• Understands relationship raw materials, processing and final functionalities.
• Understands quality systems and requirements, takes part in ISO audits and quality documentation processes and follow up. Experience with ISO 9000.
Key challenges/success criteria:
• Fast learner on new equipment. Builds understanding of our instruments and methods in an effective way.
• Capability to explore new alternatives and still keep accuracy for measuring.
• Handles multiple assignments in a busy environment with focus on priorities.
• Understanding key product attributes and quality of work required to meet customer needs/work objectives.
• Good team player.
• BSc with experience, or M.Sc. degree. Education/experience within biopolymer chemistry, food science and/or chemistry.
• Knowledge of scientific principles.
• Good knowledge of Norwegian and English.
• Laboratory experience.
• Enjoys working with experimental tasks.
• Good team player.
• Demonstrates a “can do” attitude. Enjoys working on unknown scientific ground and challenges the status quo.
• Enthusiastic, capable of rapidly learning new concepts and techniques.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Primary Location: EMEA-Norway-Østlandet-Sandvika
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.