DuPont Maintenance Technician in Cherokee, Iowa
Maintenance Technician (Job Number: 201344W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our company at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. Come join our team and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment! We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to the safety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to their families each day.
We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for employees who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds with maintenance and/or mechanical experience are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration. Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes strong wages ($22.00-$26.00/hr. based on experience), a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Never encounter a boring day when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agricultural season cycle! During peak season (September-April) the Cherokee production plant runs a 24/5 to 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. Then we stagger down shifts the remaining months of the year.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will regularly performmaintenance and troubleshooting on plant equipment, and facilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Plant Operations
• Deliver maintenance support for Capital projects
• Maintain Condition of the plant shop and maintenance tools Support Process Safety Management and location safety efforts
• Conduct seasonal prep work including Annual Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements
• Assure proper set-up, calibration, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities
• Complete grounds and facility maintenance as needed
• Utilize Predictive Maintenance tools to detect and remedy future machine failures.
• Create, continually update, and train Preventative Maintenance plans for varied equipment
• Complete fabrication projects to improve plant processes
• Maintain detailed equipment records and prints
The following are required:
• One to three (1-3) years of related maintenance work
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
• Position has potential exposure to hazards such as electric shock or moving parts
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks as well as shift work
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Beginning level computer skills
• Ability to be on call
• Problem solving skills
The following are preferred:
• Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery.
• Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge
• Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems
• Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
• Detail oriented
• Millwright skills, especially relevant to the seed industry
• Truck and forklift driving skills
• Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic repair and test equipment
• Basic process control understanding
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Iowa-Cherokee
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.