DuPont Automation and Process Control Engineer in Circleville, Ohio
Automation and Process Control Engineer (Job Number: 197308W-01)
The Tedlar® film manufacturing business is seeking an Automation and Process Control Engineer at the site in Circleville, Ohio. The Tedlar® plant was built in 2010 and has new and state of the art automation systems. The process has diverse unit operations (batch, distillation, film manufacturing/oven, web handling and web profile control) with opportunities for process control improvements. This facility is one of two manufacturing locations for the production of Tedlar® Polyvinyl Fluoride film produced by the Photovoltaic and Advanced Materials business unit within DowDuPont. This business unit is part of DowDuPont’s Electronics and Imaging Platform. Electronics and Imaging is comprised of a number of high growth global businesses supplying a broad array of materials to multiple consumer electronics and industrial sectors. The Circleville site also manufactures Kapton® film, Teflon® film and Vespel® resin.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
The Circleville site is located approximately 30 miles south of Columbus, OH, a growing city that is currently the 14th largest in the nation. This proximity to Columbus allows either urban or rural living; great for families and single living. The area offers many museums and arts-scene experiences, professional and collegiate sports, and has several highly ranked golf courses and state parks for the outdoor enthusiast. See www.experiencecolumbus.com for additional information.
This role provides technical expertise and support to the manufacturing organization in order to enable continuous improvement in the asset’s control systems. The A&PC Engineer will lead challenging and exciting programs geared towards improving safety, reliability, capacity, and cost. The engineer will be exposed to multiple manufacturing processes and provide day-to-day support as plant operations require.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Provides control systems technical support to areas of responsibility
• Identifies and works with technical personnel to develop best practices for process(es)/equipment
• Enables and assists in the training of operators and mechanics as well as other technical team members to improve the understanding of the areas’ control systems
• Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex control system related issues
• Drives/leads changes of design for areas of responsibility
• Responsible for developing/updating maintenance/operating procedures impacted by control systems
• Assists in the development of the 5 year technology improvement roadmap
• Responsible to ensure adequate basic data is created for CapEx projects and provides resourcing support (e.g. development and/or Plans for Commissioning, Decommissioning, Start-Up and Shut Down)
• Participate in area PHAs, provide safety interlock expertise, and develop an understanding of area field instrumentation
• Networks and leverages the broader organization, as needed
• Technical Degree (BS, MS) in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, solve or help others solve equipment and/or process issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge of key PSM Technology elements such as Process Hazards Analysis, Process Technology, Management of Change-Technology, RAGAGEP among others
• Demonstrated ability to teach, coach, mentor, develop others, and work in a team based environment
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects
• Demonstrated skill in team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well in both self-managed and team environment
• Ability to access and network with appropriate site and corporate teams to gain or share knowledge
• DCS experience is preferred, PLC background will be considered
Primary Location: NA-United States-Ohio-Circleville
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.