DuPont RD Leader, Kapton® Process Technology in Circleville, Ohio
RD Leader, Kapton® Process Technology (Job Number: 196781W-01)
DuPont of Circleville has openings for a RD Leader, Kapton® Process Technology. The Circleville site is located approximately 30 miles south of Columbus, OH and manufactures Kapton® film, Tedlar® film, Teflon® film, Vespel® resin and housing an R&D facility.
At DuPont, Safety and Health, Environmental Stewardship, Highest Ethical Behavior, and Respect for People is our core value that is reflected in our vision, our business, and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover, The miracles of science™.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Establish an appropriate Process Technology R&D team organization, guide and develop core technology competences and skills.
• Work close with Application Development and Formulation Technology Leaders to understand market drivers & opportunities, technology options and trends and identify customer key CTQ.
• Work with Application Development Leader to understand competitor landscape and identify how to make differentiation with competitors.
• Work with Formulation R&D leader to identify new technology enabler to accelerate new product development.
• Identify new product development strategy and be accountable for delivering goals and objective on targets. Define improvement actions as needed.
• Monitor R&D project performance and be accountable for delivering goals and objective on targets. Define improvement actions as needed.
The following are required:
• BS in Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline required.
• 3-5 Years Industrial experience engaged in new product development preferred.
• Materials or polymer engineering scientist with some commercial product portfolio experience preferred.
• Process technology development experience related to development of novel polymers, composite materials, and materials characterization.
• Those with previous polymer film process experience preferred.
• Experience with prototyping or scaling up of novel materials to commercial process preferred.
• Demonstrated success working with international team and collaboration skills.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated, eager to learn new technologies on fast time scales and a team-player that can work in multi-disciplinary, cross-geographic teams.
• Strong background in problem solving, using multiple analytical procedures to identify and characterize product development barriers.
• Effectively communicates verbally and written communications to team members and management on all aspects of program activity.
• Demonstrated ability to make clear, persuasive, concise, and well-organized oral presentations.
• Exceptional people leadership skills.
• Ability to integrate into broader technology organizations outside of Electronics and Image and industrial or academic partners.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Ohio-Circleville
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.