DuPont Senior Accountant in Hopewell, Virginia
Senior Accountant (Job Number: 199280W-01)
The DuPont Company has an opening for a General Ledger Accountant located in Hopewell, VA, USA. As a member of the Finance function for the DuPont Teijin Films Joint Venture, this role will utilize technical expertise in financial accounting relating to financial, reporting, functional, and legal requirements. The individual will apply their knowledge and skills to solve problems and continuously improve existing work processes. The role offers significant interaction with business and site manufacturing leaders, business finance analysts, commercial leaders, and other various contacts within the Finance function. The employee will work with these clients to develop reports, analysis, and evaluations to fulfill functional and business needs.
● Working independently to provide quality service and reporting to clients
● Accurate and timely accounting for transactions under a given area of responsibility
● Implementation and monitoring of internal control procedures
● Must demonstrate technical Accounting competency
● Must demonstrate initiative and leadership competencies within the role
● Revenue Accounting (revenue recognition, rebate accounting, commissions…)
● Transfer Pricing Analysis
● Process General Ledger interfaces from external payroll and freight systems
● Routine financial summary reporting to owners
● General Ledger maintenance (SAP)
● Oversight of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities.
● Routine assistance with legal entity external audit
● Assist with Internal Control activities and reviews.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting (16 years)
● CPA Required
● At least 5 years’ experience in accounting
● Organization, communication, and analytic skills
● Collaboration skills to work with multi-function teams
● Strong computer skills, especially Excel and SAP
● Must have availability for extended hours during the 1 st week of each month
Primary Location: NA-United States-Virginia-Hopewell
Organization: Transportation & Advanced Polymers
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.