DuPont Process Safety Competency Consultant - EMEA (m/f/d) in Nordrhein Westfalen, Germany
Process Safety Competency Consultant - EMEA (m/f/d) (Job Number: SAF00001236)
Overall Role Description
Specialty Products is a division, and one of three intended future companies, that make up DowDuPont. Specialty Products Division is a leader in innovation composed of technology-driven specialty businesses. We work with customers across multiple industries to advance their best ideas and deliver real-world products and smart solutions. Our world-class product innovation and application development capabilities help customers solve complex problems in the electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food, personal care, safety and consumer goods industries. With a global workforce of more than 30,000, together we aim to empower the world with the essential innovations to thrive.
This individual will be assigned to provide Process Safety support and expertise to manufacturing sites and capital project teams to ensure facilities, employees and businesses are safe from the threat of process safety related events, and on behalf of the Global Process Safety (PSM) Competency Leader act as the day-to-day functional leader of a small team of corporate Process Safety specialist located in the EMEA region.
The individual is expected to network, coordinate, and collaborate with site and business Process Safety resources, other discipline engineers, specialized contractors, and responsible for training/coaching of less experienced Process Safety resources.
To maintain our corporate process safety principles and practices current, the individual is expected to be current with process safety related regulatory developments and provide guidance how to best comply with these new/modified requirements.
• Provide guidance and assist sites on the implementation of process safety (PSM) related standards and regulatory process safety related requirements.
• Interaction with site, business and corporate EHS resources to actively support the development and application of consistent safety processes, procedures, and practices.
• Provide site operational leadership support to maintain and improve process safety performance through high operational discipline standards.
• Assists sites in the development and implementation of strategic plans based on assessments, audits, and other leading indicators.
• Routine field auditing and visibility for interactions
• Drive organizational engagement on Process Safety matters
• Develop and maintain Process Safety capabilities through the development and delivery of training programs in line with business and global competency requirements and needs.
• Participate in and/or lead global Process Safety Technology teams as appropriate
• Develop solutions for business, country or site-specific issues – interact with other competency resources to maximize potential for leveraging
• Active involvement in revision and establishment of corporate EHS standards and practices
• Establish and maintain Process Safety Auditor credentials – participate/lead 2-4 audits per year
• Follow the development of process related regulatory requirements or industry related practices through participation on specific committees within the framework of EPSC, CEFIC or others as appropriate and in agreement within the regional leadership team.
Minimum Skills Required
• BS or higher degree in a Chemical/Bio-Chemical or Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
• Solid process safety related experience in an operations environment, preferably in an international corporation.
• Demonstrated functional/technical expertise in Process Safety Management
• Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to independently complete tasks and work well in a team environment.
• Demonstrated written and oral skills - presents information and ideas in an articulate and organized way
• Ability to anticipate, plan, develop, implement, audit, and improve systems and processes
• Ability to collaborate and network within a diverse multi-disciplined matrix organization
• Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken English and one other key regional language (Danish, Dutch, Finish, French, German, Spanish).
Any additional language skills will be a plus.
The candidate must be self-motivated, and results driven, have strong interest in both the technical and the people aspects of EHS in operations environments and able to work effectively in a team environment with people of all levels who are geographically and culturally diverse.
The ability to work independently, manage multiple jobs simultaneously, organize work and set priorities is also required.
Although the coverage for the role is EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa), the intention is to have this individual work from one of the major sites in western Europe.
Travel (20-40%) is required, occasionally on a short notice.
Primary Location: EMEA-Germany-Nordrhein Westfalen-Uentrop
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.