DuPont Plant Operations Manager in Reinbeck, Iowa
Plant Operations Manager (Job Number: 201765W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ is seeking an experienced leader to be responsible for safe, effective, and efficient management of plant production processes of Pioneer seed at our Reinbeck production site. In this Plant Operations Manager role, you will plan for production resources such as manpower, equipment, tools, facilities, and raw materials needed to develop high quality Pioneer seed on-time to meet distribution, delivery and stock transport schedules.
We are seeking a strong leader in this critical role to manage plant production operations and provide leadership and decisions to staff on operational questions related to their areas and responsibilities. Utilize your strong communication skills to build internal and external relationships, deliver great results, and be effective in this leadership position. Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! Come grow your career with Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ in Reinbeck, IA!
• Ensuring all plant operations and work activities are safe for all employees.
• Continuously driving a safe work culture, ensuring employee engagement with safety as well as site compliance with all of our safety programs.
• Coaching, supporting, and developing employees on your team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork while also demonstrating and modeling the Core Values.
• Enabling and encouraging direct reports to leverage their full potential and achieve business results.
• Holding employees accountable for achieving performance results and demonstrating work behaviors that promote collaboration and teamwork in an effective manner while demonstrating and modeling the company Core Values.
• Establishing and supporting individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
• Actively encouraging and supporting employees’ career development; coaching staff in stretch assignments and skill development critical to employees’ jobs and overall career objectives.
• Managing quality operations systems and processes; ensuring product first-pass-quality and launching root-cause-failure-analysis with countermeasures in cases when first-pass-quality is not achieved.
• Utilizing LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to drive continuous improvement projects and foster a focused-improvement culture in all employees and operations.
• Communicating effectively and holding regular team meetings to provide timely business updates.
• Planning, organizing, and directing plant operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
• Reviewing and approving plans for the control of production output, budget spending, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
• Managing the daily plant operations which may include, but are not limited to: receiving, bulk management, conditioning, treating, packaging, maintenance, inventory management, warehousing, and distribution.
• Ensuring on-time delivery to meet both business and customer needs.
The following are required:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 to 7 years of experience in leadership or supervisory roles
• 2 to 3 years of experience in seed production, manufacturing, or related field
• Performance development and coaching/feedback skills
• Extensive team building experience
• Ability to effectively work with and manage people from diverse backgrounds to achieve cross-functional collaboration
• Results orientation and priority management skills
• Excellent interpersonal communications
• Influencing skills
• Commitment to safety and quality
• Change management and innovation experience
The following are preferred:
• Process Safety Management (PSM) experience
• Experience leading safety programs and initiatives
• SAP and WMS systems experience
• LEAN Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience and certifications
• Experience Quality Management Systems and leading quality initiatives
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Iowa-Reinbeck
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.