DuPont Global Key Account Director in Wilmington, Delaware
Global Key Account Director (Job Number: 200990W-01)
The Global Key Account Director has the responsibility to develop and manage the account
strategy and commercial relationship for the assigned global account(s), in a way that meets
or exceeds the growth and financial goals for the account. The Account Director will manage
all aspects of the selling process, developing key relationships at the customer throughout
all levels & functions as well as with key industry influencers. The individual must have the
skills to develop a deep understanding of the customer’s business and identify opportunities
to grow the customer’s business and both the N&H and DuPont business overall. The role
is highly consultative and requires a strong degree of influence management and the ability
to develop a sustainable defence strategy of existing business and a DuPont aligned growth
The position Reports to Global SAFI GKA Leader
Primarily responsible for owning and driving the account strategy and action plan for the
assigned global account. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Accountable for the account strategy, action plan (“Roadmap”), and development of
program pipeline required to grow or expand the business. Develops a deep
understanding of the customer’s business and growth objectives. Hereby being able
to develop synergies within the account long term research and their short-term
2 of 4
• Manage cross functional opportunities within the account operating platforms on a
• Ability to translate DuPont business language and goals into the account’s terms
and vice versa
• General Knowledge of the account’s core business applications: Cereal, Bars,
Salty Snacks, Meals, Dairy (Yogurt and Ice Cream), Non-Dairy beverages, Bakery
and probiotic containing food
• Utilize Q&FS resources to value sell DuPont with the account’s key stakeholders in
• “Manages” the extended account team work plan and establishes KPI’s for the team
to deliver milestone achievement.
• Carries an individual sales quota (SIP) for the global account(s).
• Drives Sales Policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the global accounts.
Drives Sales Policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the global key
• Manages and builds relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders at the
customer and within DuPont
• Accountable for DuPont N&H global account managing process. Ensures broad
coordination and resource deployment to achieve growth goals
• Serves as a role model / mentor to others; provides coaching to extended account
The position is accountable for the following:
• Overall revenue, gross contribution, and Core Values standards of the GKA’s
• Strategic account plan and long term objectives & deliverables to deliver growth at
this account in coordination with BU’s and the regions
• Accountable for N&H and DuPont Ag & Nutrition pillar global account managing
process. Ensures broad coordination and resource deployment to achieve growth
Interacts continuously with SAFI global leadership and Regional Sales Acct. Managers
Interacts frequently with Regional SAFI Leaders and Global PMs
Interacts occasionally with BU Leads and Global SAFI Innnovation Leads
Proven leader with > 10 years of management experience. Strong demonstrated
competency in Sales, Marketing, or Business Development roles. Deep understanding of
business growth processes and portfolio management.
University degree in a relevant area, with a solid commercial background in food industry,
and several years of people management experience in a global organization.
• Organizational Agility
• Strategic Agility
• Strong Networking Capability
• Matrix Management
• Negotiation Skills
• Drive for Results
• Independent and Self-Motivated
• Political savvy
• Learning agility
• People and Business Leadership - Able to lead and drive teams
• Entrepreneurial Drive
• Financial Acumen
The candidate should possess and consistently demonstrate sound skills in the areas of:
• Outward focused - frequently interact with customers to understands their business challenges and
how DuPont can add value.
• Knows the competition and the likely impact of their actions on DuPont.
• Understands and acts on trends in the external environment.
• Challenges status quo and encourage others to test promising ideas and take risks with new
• Import ideas and best practices from outside the company to drive innovation.
• Promotes new ideas and concepts by communicating and promoting them to senior management.
• Is aware of how strategies and tactics works in the market place.
• Integrates financial and market/industry data from multiple sources to identify critical business
• Thinks commercially, always looking for ways to create value for DuPont
Global Business Accumen
• Seeks opportunities to better understand the organization's global approach, including strengths and
weaknesses that are likely to impact the organization's ability to compete in a global business
environment; gathers information on relevant countries' history, economic environment, and politics.
• Maintains global awareness by keeping current on key economic, social, and political trends
throughout the world. Understands the application of financial strategies and systems, and uses
appropriate processes to maximize results and limit risk to the organization.
Communication with Impact
• Delivers clear and succinct messages (oral and written) – Uses appropriate vocabulary; is in
command of the message; logically and simply conveys ideas; uses effective vocabulary.
• Adjusts language to meet audience needs – Communicates clearly and understandably; sequences
information in a logical manner to aid understanding; uses appropriate grammar and punctuation;
avoids jargon or technical words; uses a tone and format suggested by the topic and audience.
• Makes complex issues meaningful – Frames message in line with audience's experience,
background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that have meaning for the
• Sets a clear direction for the team based on a strong understanding of the industry/function and
• Has brought knowledge and perspectives and uses different lenses to view problems and
• Drives ownership into the organization and trust people to perform.
• Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions.
• Invites input from different team members and broadly shares both responsibility & accountability.
• Displays and reinforces a strong sense of personal ownership and individual responsibility for
• Has a resilient can-do mentality and pushes for bold actions to deliver on commitments and
• Hold self and others accountable through clear goal setting and disciplined follow-up.
• Provides timely coaching, counseling, guidance, and feedback to help the team excel on the job and
meet key accountabilities.
• Sets challenging performance expectations – Clearly communicates high expectations for
performance and confidence in individual's ability to excel; checks for understanding of performance
expectations; appropriately gains buy-in to performance goals; establishes means for follow-up.
• Evaluates – Monitors progress against expectations and addresses performance gaps;
communicates any development needs and the importance.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.