DuPont Production Planning Manager ($5,000 Sign-On Bonus!) in Worthington, Indiana
Production Planning Manager ($5,000 Sign-On Bonus!) (Job Number: 201798W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™, is seeking a Production Planning Manager to lead change at our Worthington, IN commercial seed corn production facility. The Production Planning Manager role is a great gateway to future management opportunities. We seek a creative thinker to be responsible for oversight and management of the site’s operational supply chain activities encompassing quality, direct materials, inventory, logistics, warehouse capacity management, as well as production and labor scheduling. In this hands-on role, you will manage internal and external relationships as well as utilize your strong prioritization and planning skills.
Located in Worthington, IN, our clean and safe facility, hosts a close team of diverse professionals that will welcome you like family. We offer excellent benefits including a very strong 401K matching plan, health insurance, 15 days of PTO, variable bonus program and many more benefits for you and your family! Come join us during this exciting time as you grow your career with Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Managing the daily supply-chain operations throughout all processes, including: receiving, shelling, bulk storage management, conditioning and sizing, maintenance, inventory management, warehousing, and distribution.
• Planning, organizing, and directing plant operations to ensure the most effective return on assets.
• Managing warehouse capacity planning to ensure consistent throughput and production uptime.
• Overseeing all quality processes and operations to ensure first-pass quality production.
• Reviewing and approving plans for the control of planned production output, budget spending, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
• Ensuring on-time delivery to meet both business and customer needs.
• Coaching, supporting, and developing employees on your team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modelling the company’s Core Values.
• Enabling and encouraging direct reports to leverage their full potential and achieve business results; coaching staff in stretch assignments and skill development critical to employees’ jobs and overall career objectives.
• Establishing and supporting individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
• Overseeing and participating in making or approving personnel decisions (hiring, promotion, discipline, status changes, merit and rewards administration, etc.).
• Championing business improvement and productivity initiatives by utilizing LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to identify, prioritize, and execute productivity improvement opportunities.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, or production operations
• 2-3 years of leadership or supervisory experience
• Proven ability to develop, coach, train and counsel others
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent at problem solving and decision making
• Priority Management skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook) and other computer programs and software
• Willing and able to work in a variety of conditions (field, plant, warehouse – hot, cold, dust, etc.)
• Willing and able to lift up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodations
The following are preferred:
• SAP Experience
• LEAN Manufacturing Experience and/or Six Sigma Certification
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Indiana-Worthington
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.