DuPont Production Technician in Worthington, Indiana
Production Technician (Job Number: 201517W-01)
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ had an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company. Located in Worthington, IN, our clean and safe facility, hosts a close team of diverse professionals that will welcome you like family. We are looking for candidates who want to grow their career with us! Our ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative, loves to learn, works hard, and has a stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing. This particular role will require working with seed growers in the fields during the summer, as well as planting and detasseling.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Harvest activities such as receiving, sorting, drying, shelling, etc.
• Plant operation activities such as conditioning, sizing, gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
• Return and rework activities
• Field management activities such as scouting and field maintenance
• Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
• Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
• Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
The following are required:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must possess a valid driver's license and may be required to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in the future
• Computer skills
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Willing and able to work shift work
The following are preferred:
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
• Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
• Knowledge of field equipment desired
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Teamwork skills
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Indiana-Worthington
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.